cuper for coach.

bettermirror

the man is available and would command respect based on reputation alone. of course canada couldn't afford him. just wondering what you guys think of him.

i think he's the wrong man for the job. far too defensive for the style that is played in concacaf. he would get the club more exposure and surely more friendlies against quality opposition. a lot of players would come out of the woodwork stating how they have canuck relations!

at any rate, his style would contradict everything this board wants for the club. but since we can't have metsu! and i don't actually believe we'll get yallop unless he coaches both san jose and canada concurrently, i felt cuper was worth bringing up.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

the man is available and would command respect based on reputation alone. of course canada couldn't afford him. just wondering what you guys think of him.

i think he's the wrong man for the job. far too defensive for the style that is played in concacaf. he would get the club more exposure and surely more friendlies against quality opposition. a lot of players would come out of the woodwork stating how they have canuck relations!

at any rate, his style would contradict everything this board wants for the club. but since we can't have metsu! and i don't actually believe we'll get yallop unless he coaches both san jose and canada concurrently, i felt cuper was worth bringing up.

I actually disagree. ;

your quote: "i think he's the wrong man for the job. far too defensive for the style that is played in concacaf. he would get the club more exposure and surely "

resposse: thats why a coach like him would be successfull coaching canada.

your quote: " his style would contradict everything this board wants for the club."

I have complained on occasion about the style that we played but it was not because it was too defensive. defensive styles are more successfull and right now we are quite poor defensively. Cuper would be a good choice, but, like you said, the CSA would not hire him. Besides he is probably better off coaching at the club level wher he is better known.

I am not sure that I have read many decenting views on this board about playing too defensively. What people have complained about is kick and run tactics. which IMO are suspect from a defensive standpoint.

Archived