Man U. vs Juventus July 31 Giant Stadium

mtlfan

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I think one way they could have ensure a better quality of play in these friendlies is to make it into a Cup.

I've been meaning to post this for a while: it is time for the revival of the FIFA Club World Championship!!! Not only is there this US tour, but there is also the Peace Cup in Korea (1860 Munich, Besiktas, Kaizer Chiefs, Los Angeles Galaxy, Lyon, PSV, Nacional, Seongnam Ilhwa). These prove that the CWC can work. Hold it in Korea or Japan or (as much as I hate to say it) the United States and it would be a huge financial success for the clubs but would actually mean something.

quote:Something to play for, which is what is missing in all but the Italian Cup final.
Nitpick: Supercup.

You've gotta be kidding about wanting the revival of the FIFA Club World Championship!? There's already the Inter-continental Cup involving the South American champion and European champion. This determines the World club champion! So that ridiculous 8-team cup competition you want to revive would be redundant! These 2 champions' schedule is over-loaded already (especially the South American champion) and ways need to be devised to reduce their fixture load, NOT increase it even more. Why do we need to see Boca Juniors & AC Milan destroy a bunch of teams from North America, Asia, Africa and Oceania?? That proposed 8-team tourney will all come down to Boca v AC Milan in the final, anyway.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I've been meaning to post this for a while: it is time for the revival of the FIFA Club World Championship!!! Not only is there this US tour, but there is also the Peace Cup in Korea (1860 Munich, Besiktas, Kaizer Chiefs, Los Angeles Galaxy, Lyon, PSV, Nacional, Seongnam Ilhwa). These prove that the CWC can work. Hold it in Korea or Japan or (as much as I hate to say it) the United States and it would be a huge financial success for the clubs but would actually mean something.

Nitpick: Supercup.

Andrew, New York City

Archived