The Top 10 Australian football atrocities

DoyleG

Very interesting read. We could come up with our own list I guess, albeit a little more tame. As Canadians, I'm sure the passions were a little less pronounced and the conflicts more subdued. I remember soccer playing friends from Italian immigrant families in the 60's who had similiar blazer-brigade complaints about the CSA then dominated by Brits (heard later complaints from Serb Canadians). Certainly, looking at the few MNT team lists, there were a lot of Anglo names. Thank god that largely passed by the time the 80's rolled around.

Maybe I'm just trying to get into a positive frame of mind for the GC, but I'm kind of glad that we don't have too much internecine squabbling here. I guess that Australians just tend too get more squabbly about sport in general. We could make excuses why we only qualified once for the WC too, even though we had hurdles and convolutions as well.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

If we want to start a list of our own, the first thing I can think of is not having a home game since November 2000.

Likely has more to do with matters beyond our control than anything else.

Archived