Hilarious comment about Onstad

Gian-Luca

Normally I don't do this, but when checking the San Jose board on bigsoccer for reaction to Onstad being called to the Gold Cup (most fans are panicking due to Onstad's absence) I came a cross this rather amusing comment from a San Jose fan:

"No wonder Cannon left for France. You guys turn on keepers faster than anyone. You all think that Onstad is the Second Coming of Jesus now, and only months ago you all thought he was a secret agent sent from the Los Angeles branch of al-Qaeda to wreck the team and get the franchise moved to Bismark, North Dakota.

It all depends on the defense. I don't think Onstad has been averaging one real save a game in the last month. Give Conway a defense made up of more than Ian Russell, Jamil Walker, Rikter, and Noah Elliott and he will do fine as well."

:D

Even the wolf can learn. Even the sheep can turn. Even the frog can become at last the prince. - Peter Hammill, Over (1977)

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

"You guys turn on keepers faster than anyone. You all think that Onstad is the Second Coming of Jesus now, and only months ago you all thought he was a secret agent sent from the Los Angeles branch of al-Qaeda to wreck the team and get the franchise moved to Bismark, North Dakota."

The guy is right. Every time I hear a positive report about Onstad (which seems to be all of them these days --- add the fact that most fans are panicking about his upcoming absence) I think back to that own-goal way back when. Onstad really took the heat for that one, but, as is so common with fans, everyone over-reacted --- remember this thread? http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=5604e3c32b82412b508d9a377c4053b0&threadid=45043&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I didn't think he was too sharp in last night's game vs. the

Metro-Stars (4-4 tie), as evidenced in the highlights (FSWC).

But then again, where was the defense when 8 goals are scored?

Pat is a pretty competent goalkeeper, and sometimes lapses do occur,

but hopefully not too often, and not at the Gold Cup!

Funny how the fans get concerned about his absence due to the GC,

but don't they lose OTHER players as well (eg. Donovan, etc)?

Archived