[R]Division 1 playoff final

littleD

Not started yet, kickoff in about 10 minutes.

Starting Lineups...

Sheff Utd: Kenny, Kozluk, Curtis, Page, Jagielka, Tonge, Brown, Rankine, Ndlovu, Kabba, Asaba.

Subs: Kelly, Peschisolido, Allison, McCall, Montgomery.

Wolves: Murray, Naylor, Lescott, Butler, Irwin, Newton, Cameron, Kennedy, Ince, Blake, Miller.

Subs: Oakes, Rae, Proudlock, Edworthy, Sturridge.

Good match.

Wolves had the day from the get go. Be nice to see Ince back up in the EPL (if his knees can take it). Wife was laughing. Had to translate for her that post match interview as she couldn't understand a word he said.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Warnock's a nutter. Oh yeah, made (or didn't make) a couple of tactical moves that I found hard to fathom. Left Pesch. on the bench way too long. McCall subing on before Pesch? McCall? Kinda said to me Warnock had allready conceided the match at that point though I didn't think it was over.

Nice goals all around by Wolves. Especially liked Miller's. Bit of crafty work that was. You can just make out his reaching out and touching the defenders back who's galloped back to cover him for the expected cross to make him think he's going to put on the brakes and hold higher in the crease then zooop! Off he goes straight into the crease and directs that cross into goal. Jagielka duped I think.

Wonderful to see that atmosphere. Wembley never looked so good ('cept maybe that FA Cup with 'spurs in the early '80s I think it was. Bit hazy) for many a year and won't I suppose for many a year to come. Boy, is England going to be ready for some of those major tournys in a few seasons.

Minority of one

Archived