Greatest Canadian Soccer Players Ever poll

matty

Inspired by another post I saw here from a week ago, I'm doing a general poll to determine a list of the “Greatest Canadian Soccer Players Ever” as determined by the fans of Canadian soccer. I'm asking for any interested Canadian fans to send me their ranked top 10 lists as a PM for me to tally up. The list will debut here followed by a more detailed article on RedNation.

Your list should be the 10 men and women you feel are the greatest or most important players Canada has produced ranked 1-10. A first place vote earns a player 20 points, second earns 18, third earns 16, etc. All ballots must be in by January 29th, 2017.

To appear on the final list a player must either appear on 3 ballots or secure a single first place ranking on one. The players will be ranked based on their point totals.

Careers with both club and country should be considered equally for this vote.

I thank everyone for taking part.

Player Eligibility

Male players active from 1970-now must have received at least 10 senior national team caps with Canada as of December 31st, 2016.

Male players active from 1900-1970, due to Canada's rather dormant state in soccer at the time, must have received at least 1 senior national team caps with Canada.

Female players active since the creation of the national team, due to the greater frequency of their games, must have received at least 20 senior national team caps with Canada as of December 31st, 2016.

Female players who predate the creation of the national team will be allowed on without any caps.

No single team is eligible with the exception of the 1904 Olympic team (Galt FC). Using a spot on your ballot for Galt is fine.

Archived