North York Astros SC

Juby

Well their hasn't been much information, but I am going to post to schedual.

Last year of course was terrible with no wins and a few suprisingly competitive performances. If I had to give an over simplified explanation I'd say half of any given starting eleven were quality (with a couple not consistant enough) and the other half was usually not quite up to same standard, especially over 90 (in some cases it was inexperience moreso then lack of talent I'd say).

I have no idea about the roster but the obvious standouts last year were Gooden, Perego, Ishikawa, Oran, Ramsey and Jung (Grigore was their early but I have no idea what happened to him).

Fri, May 11 Hershey Centre 8:00 PM Mississauga Eagles FC North York Astros

Fri, May 18 Centennial Stadium 9:00 PM Serbian White Eagles North York Astros

Sun, May 27 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros York Region Shooters

Sun, Jun 03 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros London City

Sun, Jun 10 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros Toronto Croatia

Sun, Jun 17 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros TFC Academy

Fri, Jun 22 Lamport Stadium 8:00 PM SC Toronto North York Astros

Sun, Jun 24 Victoria Park 3:00 PM Brampton City Utd North York Astros

Sat, Jun 30 Kalar 7:00 PM Niagara United North York Astros

Fri, Jul 06 Esther Shiner Stadium 8:30 PM North York Astros Brantford Galaxy

Sun, Jul 15 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros Serbian White Eagles

Fri, Jul 20 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy North York Astros

Sun, Jul 22 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros Kingston FC

Fri, Aug 03 Esther Shiner Stadium 8:30 PM North York Astros Mississauga Eagles FC

Wed, Aug 08 Club Roma 8:00 PM St. Catharines Roma Wolves North York Astros

Sun, Aug 12 Esther Shiner Stadium 5:30 PM North York Astros SC Toronto

Sun, Aug 19 St. Joan of Arc 6:30 PM York Region Shooters North York Astros

Sun, Aug 26 CS St Jean De Vianney 2:00 PM Montreal Impact Academy North York Astros

Sun, Sep 09 St. David Sec. School 7:00 PM SC Waterloo North York Astros

Sat, Sep 15 Invista Centre 7:00 PM Kingston FC North York Astros

Sat, Sep 29 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros Montreal Impact Academy

Sat, Oct 06 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros Windsor Stars

There are things that are certain in life like death,taxes and the North York Astros having another lousy season, surprise surprise they lost and got spanked 5-1 to Mississauga in their first game another lousy season is in store for this sorry club.

There are things that are certain in life like death,taxes and the North York Astros having another lousy season, surprise surprise they lost and got spanked 5-1 to Mississauga in their first game another lousy season is in store for this sorry club.

this is a fan thread, your free to make a complaining thread. In other words: Why don't you go pee in your own cereal?

As for the Astro's, it's their first game back off after a bad season, comments like 'having another lousy season' are pretty premature after a single game..

Astro's lost by a more respectable 2-0 in their second match away to the Serbian White Eagles.

edit: "Two late goals, at 82 minutes by midfielder Kirie Dimitrov and at 90 minutes by Zoran Rajovic gave Serbian White Eagles the 2-0 victory at Centennial Stadium in Etobicoke. " from the CSL site, ouch.

Astro's continue to improve it seems, they played to a nil nil tie at home against the York Region Shooters, the main CSL site had this brief mention in their daily action release:

"It was a well-played scoreless encounter at Esther Shiner Stadium in North York where the Astros and York Region Shooters both came close to scoring despite a game played mostly in midfield.

North York goalkeeper Antal Toth made key saves late in the game and the game ended 0-0."

I finally got a report up on that game on the 'CSL 2012--Week 4' thread.

middle game of a tripleheader yesterday.

1. Centennial Stadium for Toronto Lady Lynx vs Laval at 1:00pm.

2. Esther Shiner Stadium for North York vs York Region at 4:30pm.

3. Centennial Stadium for Toronto Croatia vs SC Waterloo at 8:00pm.

good thing traffic wasn't too bad.

I'll be at the game today against London City (I'll be the guy in the clearly not so tailored suit, you'll get the funny talk if your there, and you should be able to see the red of my canada jersey around my collar)

*tugs collar* as much as this is self promotion I'm also pretty nervous to put my self out there but me and a buddy of mine provided coverage for the North York Astros London City game.

In the future we'll actually be able to film the whole thing, we just didn't realize we probably could if we just plugged it in at half time, so expect longer, more extensive and less nervous coverage in the future (I think it's pretty good and their just going to improve).

And yes, I know it's Shiner (I knew it as I said Shriner *shakes fist at Freud*), not perfect but I put it up there so...

From a more updated northyorkastros.ca:

1 Antal Toth GK

2 Igor Larrauri D

3 Ogen Jurme D

4 Anthony Valentine D

5 Brian Alcantara MF

6 Steven Craig D

7 Joseph Matti F

8 Michael Tischer MF

9 Francisco Mendez MF

10 Vasileios Liagkos F

11 Mikateko Zwane F

12 Enea Perego GK

13 Allan Cordon MF

14 Kurt Ramsey MF

15 Stanley Ugochukwu D

16 John Jung (Captain) D

17 David Nagy D

18 Morgan Copeland F

19 Lorence Notaro MF

20 Kunle Fayehun MF

21 Franco Lopresti D

Coach: Gerardo Lezcano

Assistant: Jennry Lezcano

Assistant: Gabriel Lezcano

Assistant: Damon Naghavi

Sports Director: Jorge Collazo

G. Manager: Bruno Ierullo

and then the U-20 team:

20 Norbert Bengyel GK

2 Alan Fischman (captain) D

13 Christian Nachevski D

21 Karma Gyurme D

19 Omar Reynolds D

5 George Gitungo M

14 Julian Ospina M

11 Matti Chanturya M

6 Zef Kraja M

7 Abdullah Katmeh F

16 Seran Sathyaseelan F

4 George Mandili M

12 Ivan Garcia GK

Head Coach: Kerwin Skeete (there's a write up on Skeete on the site, former Astro's player now u-20 coach)

A. Coach: Damon Naghavi

• 4 weeks later...

Following last week's win, the Astro's are going to be hoping to keep it up tomorrow against TFC academy at downsview park at 8. TFC academy games have been free but theirs only like 50 seats so be prepared to stand. I'll be covering the game and hopefully we'll be able to cover the Sunday home game as well.

What's the deal with Downsview Park TFC games, are there stands now where people can watch the games?

Last I heard the field wasn't completed for spectators so there weren't any stands, concessions, washrooms etc.

it's not a whole lot better then you remember:

They have two small (20-25 people each?) stands set up, I think there are a few more around but they are for other fields (your very close to the pitch so be aware of the ball (don't get blindsided)).

One of the games had an ice cream truck come by (but BYOconcessions, unfortunately bringing beer is probably not kosher/legal)

Washrooms haven't been an issue for me yet but hopefully theres at least one within a few hundred meters at the Hanger.

The thing is (and I'd even give them a hand with some of the heavy lifting) a couple minor changes would really improve it. Set up a few more small stands and then the seating could probably at least exceed 100 people and it'd be nice if had something like a flat topped skid to lay down near half for cameras. It wouldn't be perfect but it's a dirt cheap way to make it better.

No highlights for todays game against Kingston FC. I was there, the game was delayed by an hour because the ref did not like the similar jerseys (another red on orange affair, but Kingston has a thick grey stripe over their shoulders so it wasn't really that difficult. Then about 20 minutes into the game, it was delayed by lightning when a downpour hit hard despite the sunny conditions. I work at 9 so I knew at the stoppage I couldn't catch the whole game without being late, so no highlights.

Rocket Robin was there so he'll probably have a write up in the weekly CSL thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived