Toronto: Watch Canada vs Germany live at Dundas Square on Sunday

sk123

The CBC is hosting the Canada vs Germany match at Dundas Square on Sunday at 11:45am.

Join us at Yonge-Dundas Square to watch Canada VS. Germany in the FIFA Women's World Cup - on the Big Screen. Live from Germany.

Nigeria vs. France 8:45am

Pre Game Show 11am

Canada vs. Germany 11:45am

Post Game Show 2pm

Join us for drills, skills and more for a chance to win great prizes!

Join the conversation on twitter. Add #fwwc to your FIFA Women's World Cup tweets.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218031911562515

25 people are attending, hopefully there will be more Canadian supporters. See you there :cool:

Shame there were more German fans than Canadian fans. However, it was great that people came to support women's soccer, and the Canadian fans were louder when Christine Sinclair scored :P! Can't wait for the next game. Hopefully more Canadians will be there. GO CANADA GO!

Simple reason for the lack of Canadian fans: the German consulate T.O. together with DB Schenker Canada (a German-based company) organized the public screening. CBC had little to do with it. So while the German community here in Toronto got newsletters and invitations en masse (so I was told), I learned about this nice get together by coincidence. Canada, i.e. our media, has to do quite a bit more in terms of getting the word out. If we miss this opportunity now, we'll certainly not be able to present packed stadiums to the rest of the world (as the Germans do) in 2015 when Canada hosts this sports event.

Cheers, Pepe.

• 7 years later...

Archived