Fce1-1 nsc

Edmontons travels take them to the Midwest to gain a point against close rivals the Minnesota Stars.

Much fun was had on the Web feed, although the Joke about the Obstetrics Soccer team of the AHS in Edmonton Hosting the Superbowel was a bit a bit below the belt!

Sorry

I saw the first half and the last 15 min of the match.

What I saw:

The Eddies turning the screws early and scoring one (a nice cut in and shot by Saiko) and generating a few chances.

The Eddies sitting back and absorbing some NSC pressure...not a nice way to end a half.

Saiko picking up a second yellow, late in the match for a "dive" in the NSC penalty area. Harsh decision, I wish the ref would've just waved play on, but I guess it was either a dive or a penalty.

Baart with a couple of nice saves...one huge save off of a corner late on, comes to mind.

What I missed:

The NSC goal, although you could feel one coming at the end of the 1st half.

Oh, and that NSC crew need to look into instant replay technology for their online stream. The quality of the stream and the camera work was pretty good, but it sucks to not have a second look at a goal or sending off, etc.

For what it's worth, I thought the camera work on our last Eddies home match was subpar, but the FCE commentary and production in general are much better than what I've seen from around the league.

Oh, and that NSC crew need to look into instant replay technology for their online stream. The quality of the stream and the camera work was pretty good, but it sucks to not have a second look at a goal or sending off, etc.

For what it's worth, I thought the camera work on our last Eddies home match was subpar, but the FCE commentary and production in general are much better than what I've seen from around the league.

I think that the lack of replay for the two aforementioned incidents had less to do with Technology and more to do with Editorial Judgement...If you know what I mean.;)

We did see endless replays of the Stars Penalty, but there you go.

Archived