Futsal Results ACAC - Jan 21-23

tmcmurph

I didn't find out about this until it was too late to go (ski on Sat & PASL on Sun) but here are the results from the games played at Mount Royal University over the weekend. Both men's and women's teams competed from 6 different colleges.

http://www.mtroyal.ca/Cougars/scheduledisplay.php?team_id=17

http://www.mtroyal.ca/Cougars/scheduledisplay.php?team_id=16

Looks like the host Mount Royal won both!

Women's Futsal - MRU 8 / MHC 4

Men's Futsal ---- MRU 3 / MHC 2

Hopefully next time I'll find out about this in time to go see some games.

Well next time, check out futsalcanada.ca and you'll get the info :)

There are discussions ongoing to bring the overall champions of the ACAC competition to come and play at the Copa Canada (Canadian Futsal Championships) this April in the mens and womens divisions. The sport will be a part of CCAA system within 5 years.

Well next time, check out futsalcanada.ca and you'll get the info :)

There are discussions ongoing to bring the overall champions of the ACAC competition to come and play at the Copa Canada (Canadian Futsal Championships) this April in the mens and womens divisions. The sport will be a part of CCAA system within 5 years.

Yea I forgot to check your site out for a week and look what I miss. My loss. Would have been a great weekend of watching Futsal. Is there any mailing list that one can get on to get email notifications of tournaments?

Is there any word as to whether Calgary United or Edmonton Drillers will send a team to the Copa Canada? Their arena teams would have a big adjustment to make but they both have some quality players who could probably adapt quickly.

Great to see it making inroads in the schools. Now if we can push it down to the high school and lower we are loving life.

Thanks

We were working on the fantastic DRSA (Durham Futsal Showcase) yesterday (Will be available on YouTube and Rogers TV Durham within a week btw) and that is where we plan hosting the Copa as they have 5 beautiful hardwood courts to play. Had about 500 in attendance for the game between the Toronto Impact and Futsal Club Toronto.

I would definitely like to see all the best indoor players come to compete at the Copa, especially teams from Alberta as that is the only province with the exception of the Vancouver Futsal League that is playing high level indoor. Making the transition to futsal from indoor is not easy that is for sure so an adjustment is definitely needed. Anyone from an indoor or arena backround thinking futsal is a piece of cake is always in for a rude awakening.

To build the sport across the cpuntry, we're actually offering the top mens and womens futsal and indoor teams from out of Ontario free entry into the tournament if they can prove they are an elite team and, of course, if they make the trip down. There will also be a cash prize for the championship team, though the amount has yet tbd.

Archived