Austin vs Vancouver

tmcmurph

Caps fell behind just before half on a really bad giveaway in their end. No replay but the Caps defender got a yellow card for beaking off at the ref. Akwari thought he was mugged but still a sloppy play all around on our back. Not to quit the Caps come back with Haber scoring and then setting up Khalfan for their second goal. 3 points against league leading Austin, on the road, on a gridiron lined crap field. Great result for the team.

Only downer was Zurab got injured and Taka subbed in for him. Hopefully not a serious injury.

So Montreal and Vancouver get wins. Toronto has the night off so we can't have our 9 point weekend but I'll take 6 out of 6 for canuck teams.

I was wondering how austin got so high up in the standings, granted they lost but did they seem like a good squad? good job vancouver still, they call games like this '6 point' games because on top of the 3 points, they held the top team from what would seem to be their usual 3 so it's great they were able to respond to the pressure (flashbacks of the raptors consistently failing to this are running through my gut).

Archived