PCSL regular season decider tonight in Kelowna

Dunno where I can find an official count, nothing on PCSL or Challenge website with numbers - half full at the Apple bowl is 1,100-1,200 if you guesstimate. Given that the fire was raging in West Kelowna while the game was going on not bad.

I was there for a bit in the first half, didn't get to see a lot of the action before I had to go but figured I might as well poke my head in anyways. It's my first season living in Kelowna--I only managed to make it out for that and one Challenge game at Mission Turf, cause my schedule didn't really mesh with it. Unhappy to miss the playoffs, a family thing is calling me out of town.

Oh well, there's always next year. Need to find a football buddy by then, I don't know a lot of people up here really into it.

The Challenge won the PCSL today at the apple bowl, 3-2 over khalsa. I'd say around 600 people in the stands, the courier didn't mention just the main stand was half full, they weren't using the far bleachers. Pretty good game although a little sloppy in spots, Kelowna won on an own goal Tyler Murphy ricocheted off a Khalsa defender.

I can imagine that the Challenge benefited from Victoria United being player drained but soccer in the Okanagan Valley looked pretty healthy today, the Okanagan Whitecaps took home the PCSL reserve division a little earlier.

The Whitecaps Prospects won the premier women's challenge cup and the Penticton Pinnacles upset league winners Fraser Valley Action to take the women's reserve challenge cup. Carolina Morace was in attendance but kept a very low profile.

Archived