Edgar waits for call to start

georg

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

^

What you wrote about Taylor. I'm trying to keep an open mind about the young man but honestly, I don't get it. I really don't. And Collocini? OMG. He's so out of rhythm it's almost painful to watch. And I LIKE Collocini.

After Edgar didn't get loaned out, a-gin, for no other reason than "just because-just in case" I wrote off any useful future at Newcastle for Edgar. That mad-house has shown it's willing to sacrifice his long term development for a sliver of their own short term gain. And by sliver I mean next to nothing. They (NUFC) have sold Edgar's development cheap.

That would tell me everything I needed to know about what my club thought of me and my potential. And besides that lets face it, how long do you wait for things to improve within the club, a club under the stewardship of Joe Kinnear?

Geezus...Run, David! Run!

Well, he was denied a loan opportunity, so sadly he's stuck there until the end of the season. Regardless, I'm hoping he'll be part of the Gold Cup squad and gain his first senior cap this summer.

I think bassong has refused to play on the wing pretty much so that might explain all the shuffling. I mean there are two different discussions here, his play in the EPL and his development for the MNT. as a newcastle fan i am not fully confident in him when i see him suited up but cheer for him all the same. I think a different league might be better for his development, but if Newcastle is not able to acquire any defenders during the transfer period they will have to keep him. Anyway, we will probably get to see him a bit while poor old Beye is sidelined, even if he doesn't start tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by SthMelbRed

^Don't take the fact that he didn't keep his spot as some indication that he was the worst defender of the Newcastle back four in the Liverpool match. He was dropped because the regular right back, Bassong, was back from suspension. If anybody deserved to be dropped for the shambles versus Liverpool, it was Collocini, and probably even Taylor.

Well, after watching the second half of the West Ham match from Saturday, I needed to turn down the volume and play circus/clown music instead while these guys defended. Looked pretty poor in all areas: positioning, giveaways, pace. Ugly on a pig (nice goal by Carroll on his debut, however, pulling an "Edgar").

• 3 weeks later...

Archived