Josef Komlodi

I decided against the title: "Josef Komlodi For Technical Director and/or Coach," but that's what I'm thinking here. Nobody I can think of has done more for young Canadians footballers than this guy of late (Other than Niendorf, who would be a good candidate as well). Tangibly speaking, he's getting guys over to Europe en masse. Intangibly, he's has a lot players who respect him greatly and, well, he's already here.

It's interesting how the Hungarian and Canadian football fortunes have somewhat mirrored one another in terms of their respective declines. I think we're all somewhat in agreement that the decline of Canadian football is more or less down to incompetence. The Hungarian decline, which has been much more gradual, has to have something to do with the fact that so many football minds fled the country between the 50s and 80s.

If the CSA is really concerned about hiring a foreign manager because of flight risk, this guy seems like a really good compromise to me.

Can somebody fill in his club and coaching experience prior to Erin Mills?

"Prior to joining EMSC, Josef coached with Ontario Soccer Association's Team Ontario Program for many years. He also developed the Professional Soccer Academy. Earlier he was involved with several different level of teams and clubs across the Greater Toronto Area."

This is the link: http://www.erinmillssoccer.com/league.php?scriptName=LEAGUEINFO&leagueID=6451&leagueInfoID=40223&cache=no

Archived