Did a Voyageur Get Radzinski's Shirt?

Whither Canada

Gordon, my apologies as I know we came across as abrupt so I appreciate Tom's cooperation and your explanation.

The reason I didn't publicize it was because it was a last minute addition to everything else we were already doing. I informally (over beers) let some media guys know it Radz' last game and that the V's would be doing something as per gwallace's thread on giving Radz a proper send-off. That got picked up...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Columnists/VanDiest_Derek/2008/10/14/7072601.html

At that point, I figured that IF Radz came over and threw the jersey, finders keepers.....But then on the 14th gwallace mentioned he made a plaque and that's when the wheels started turning. If Radz threw the jersey, gwallace deserved it. I didn't want a repeat of the U-20 where non V's ended up with jerseys thrown at us. This might sound petty, but screw it. It was the V's that paid for those seats and it's the V's that should keep the goodies.

Like Carl Valentine said, we discussed it at VGD the night before and once gwallace got into town I didn't mention it to anyone else at VGD. In fact, I can't even remember if I talked to Blue and White Army and smiddy about it when I picked them up...too much else going on. I got to Sherlock's late and by the time I made my rounds to talk to three different groups of people (the upstairs V's, downstairs V's, downstairs women) I didn't get a chance to buy both you and Tom a beer....poor consolation I know, but...

I do hope this doesn't dampen his experience and that he can make it out for future MNT games. I'll make good on the beer and I urge a few more V's to do likewise in the hopes that enough barley and oats will erase all memories of once holding onto Radz last MNT match worn shirt/sweater/jersey. Tom stepped up big time and it won't be forgotten....for me, this ranks alongside Yukon Mike on the V's Hall of Fame.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived