Italian Serie A on FSWC

mrpopulistfutebol

The weird thing is that their matches will complement TLN's. TLN has no games on Saturday, but 3 on Sunday. I can't complain though, I get both channels. I was under the impression that TLN had won the rights to Serie A outright this year, but I guess that's not the case.

Here is the schedule for this weekend:

Sat. Aug. 25 - 12:00 PM EST - Lazio v Torino - FSWC (repeat at 7:00 pm on FWSC)

Sat. Aug. 25 - 2:30 PM EST - Juventus v Livorno - FSWC

Sun. Aug. 26 - 9:00 AM EST - Inter v Udinese - FSWC (repeat at 7:00 PM on FSWC)

Sun. Aug. 26 - 9:00 AM EST - Juventus v Livorno - TLN - REPEAT

Sun. Aug. 26 - 11:00 AM EST - Genoa v Milan - TLN - delayed

Sun. Aug. 26 - 2:30 PM EST - Palermo v Roma - TLN

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I was under the impression that TLN had won the rights to Serie A outright this year, but I guess that's not the case.

I'm confused by this as well.

FSC got exclusive English-language rights in the US for the next 3 seasons (as opposed to just home games for select teams like the last couple of years), so I guess FSWC's deal is tied into that. It appears that FSC/FSWC will be showing the same games as RAI International, only with English commentary (albeit probably by the crap FSC guys).

If this weekend's schedule is indicative of the rest of the season's then TLN's deal just got a whole lot crappier: from 3 live + 1 delayed a few years ago, to 1 live + 2 delayed (one of which is live on FSWC a day earlier) now. Meanwhile, FSWC went from repeating (ad nauseam) TLN's games a few years ago to arguably the pick of the crop now.

BTW, you can get a Web stream of every game for the entire season, including the Coppa Italia, for about US$90, or single games for about US$7, at http://www.seriea.tv. Games are available live and on-demand, plus in condensed and highlights-only versions.

this is very good news for me (my wife, on the other hand, is gonna hate this).

Who remembers the bad old days when, in the GTA market, we used to get only 1 Serie A game on CFMT and that was about it. it wasn't that long ago.

Now, we get EPL on Setanta, Score and RSN

We get Bundesliga and La Liga on GolTV

We get Serie A on FSWC, Rai Int'l and TLN

We get MLS from a variety of channels

We can watch Portugal's premier league if you want to buy the channel

We can watch the occasional Scottish Premier League game on Setanta

We can watch Ligue 1 on the French channels and occasionally on Setanta

We get UEFA Champions League and EUFA Cup on TSN and Setanta

We get 1 match from Argentina each week on FSWC

Plus, there are all those other leagues in South / Central America on GolTV plus USL on FSWC.

If only all the games were spread out over the whole week instead of mostly condensed into Friday, saturday and Sunday....it's just too much for 1 person to ingest in a weekend but I love trying.

Archived