Liverpool FC's new stadium

amacpher

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

I don't know how it could possibly have the same atmosphere.

I don't know how I feel about this.

I think it will actually have better atmosphere. The seats will be right on top of the field in the new stadium. Anfield has a lot of history, but it's not the best venue if you want to see what's happening on the pitch.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by amacpher

I think it will actually have better atmosphere. The seats will be right on top of the field in the new stadium. Anfield has a lot of history, but it's not the best venue if you want to see what's happening on the pitch.

At Anfield you are in fact very close to the pitch, though maybe you are talking about the angle of the stands, which apart from the Kop is a bit flat, if someone stands up in front of you your view is really blocked.

But Anfield is pretty good I think, I am surprised by your comments. Where did you sit when last there?

Okay, maybe I am used to being in an immense stadium so that anything smaller than 98,000 seems intimate.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

At Anfield you are in fact very close to the pitch, though maybe you are talking about the angle of the stands, which apart from the Kop is a bit flat, if someone stands up in front of you your view is really blocked.

But Anfield is pretty good I think, I am surprised by your comments. Where did you sit when last there?

I was at the opposite end from the Kop (away-supporters section), about halfway between the net and the corner flag. AS you say it's very flat, so even though I was in the 14th row it felt like I was at field-level and couldn't really get a nice overview of the action.

The same seat in the new stadium would be amazing, I think.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by amacpher

I was at the opposite end from the Kop (away-supporters section), about halfway between the net and the corner flag. AS you say it's very flat, so even though I was in the 14th row it felt like I was at field-level and couldn't really get a nice overview of the action.

The same seat in the new stadium would be amazing, I think.

Last season I was in the same stand (Anfield Rd) but in the HOME section (ahem!), a bit higher up and a bit more towards the corner. You had to stand to see plays close to the goal, corner kicks. The distance between fans and field actually seems greater in this rendering for the new one, which is okay for sight lines.

I understand being covered for England but personally I much prefer seeing the sky over my head, I get a bit claustrophobic when there is a roof over my head in a stadium.

The new Kop will hold 18,000 in one stand, and they say the seating will be tighter. Ouch, laughed thinking of the plumper 40-50 somethings living out the Kop dream who will not be able to fit. Think that is an incentive to get the fatties out and into more expensive seats, 'bout time mate.

In any case I much prefer a curved corner stand and the curve on the end zone, however slight, having all seats more oriented towards the pitch.

Archived