TFC vs. Chicago Fire

Rujulus

JDV did a very good job. Not exactly the best voice for TV but his insight was excellent. Forrest is a good colour commentator but its nice to get the perspective from a player who plays out in the field rather than a keeper. Their perspectives are very different IMO.

Guest Jeffery S.

I only saw highlights. How did Srdjan do in this one, the reports seemed okay and I got the sense he was more confident, but would like to know opinions.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I only saw highlights. How did Srdjan do in this one, the reports seemed okay and I got the sense he was more confident, but would like to know opinions.

He did seem ok, no great saves, but not required to make any. One medium mistake near the end trying to clear the ball at the edge of the box seeming to use his stomach and thighs ( if he had tried to catch it momentum would have carried him out of the box) and being stripped by the fire player who promptly missed the net. Seemed to be more comfortable with the backs when distributing the ball. However I get the impression that his confidence is somewhat fragile. A hard game to judge as the midfield had one of it's worst outings, especially O'Brien who normally is the best player on the field.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by ken

He did seem ok, no great saves, but not required to make any. One medium mistake near the end trying to clear the ball at the edge of the box seeming to use his stomach and thighs ( if he had tried to catch it momentum would have carried him out of the box) and being stripped by the fire player who promptly missed the net. Seemed to be more comfortable with the backs when distributing the ball. However I get the impression that his confidence is somewhat fragile. A hard game to judge as the midfield had one of it's worst outings, especially O'Brien who normally is the best player on the field.

Thanks Ken, appreciate it. Thing is he has not had a day with a lot of shots, not one single game. Usually it is like he faces clear scoring chances, or very little at all. That means he is organizing the defence well, but we have not seen him in a real dire situation of having to stop a half dozen hard ones in a match.

Archived