Article on Stalteri's Positive Attitude

beachesl

Stalteri's positive attitude provides boost for Tottenham

June 5, 2007

LONDON (TICKER) -- Tottenham full-back Paul Stalteri has been praised for his attitude during his injury-hit season.

The 29-year-old Canada full-back struggled with a thigh complaint towards the end of the season, with injuries limiting him to 14 appearances during the campaign.

Assistant boss Chris Hughton said: "It was a difficult season for Paul because of injuries and I felt for him because he's a good character. What I will say is when he came in, he gave 100%, as always. It's been frustrating though because he's a fit lad who wants to play."

With Spurs competing in three cup competitions and playing 59 games during the season, Stalteri was expected to provide cover at right-back for Pascal Chimbonda.

Stalteri did, however, provide one of the highlights of Tottenham's season when he scored a last-gasp winner against West Ham to seal a dramatic 4-3 comeback.

"I've had more injuries this season than the rest of my career combined," Stalteri said. "I've never missed games before and this was the only season I've had to pull myself out of games due to injury."

Archived