April 28 - Charleston-Montreal (R)

Daniel

3-2 for the boys in blue with goals from Fabro, Gbeke and Di Lorenzo.

After having watched the lack of Canadian content that was TFC, it was nice to see so many Canadians for the Impact tonight: 7 of 11 starters and 9 of 15 players used.

Since I have been critical of the Impact in the past about playing too many foreign players, I will say that I am happy they are starting so many Canadians. This is the type of split I would expect at this playing level, 7 Canadians and 4 foreigners who truly raise the team's level of play. If this continues throughout the year I will be happy especially if we are scoring goals at this rate. (Plus we should also note that the Canadian Bennett subbed in for the last 10 minutes for Charleston so there were actually 10 Canadians who played in the game).

To be fair to TFC two of their best Canadians were injured for today's game. Plus they are a new team and playing at a significantly higher level than USL from what I have seen so far. Believe me I will expect a similar 7-4 or at least 6-5 split from TFC within the next 3 to 4 years as well and will be very critical of them if they do not achieve this.

Since I have been critical of the Impact in the past about playing too many foreign players, I will say that I am happy they are starting so many Canadians. This is the type of split I would expect at this playing level, 7 Canadians and 4 foreigners who truly raise the team's level of play. If this continues throughout the year I will be happy especially if we are scoring goals at this rate. (Plus we should also note that the Canadian Bennett subbed in for the last 10 minutes for Charleston so there were actually 10 Canadians who played in the game).

To be fair to TFC two of their best Canadians were injured for today's game. Plus they are a new team and playing at a significantly higher level than USL from what I have seen so far. Believe me I will expect a similar 7-4 or at least 6-5 split from TFC within the next 3 to 4 years as well and will be very critical of them if they do not achieve this.

Archived