2 NS players headed to Bristol City

aussoccerfan

From- http://www.scotiasoccer.com/league.php?scriptName=HOME&leagueID=8380

"Players on the MOVE

Kyle Hartlen, Scotia Soccer and Ian Greedy, Dartmouth United (previously with Scotia), are both starting training at the Bristol City Football Academy in England on March 12. Kyle and Ian are both members of the National Training Center Atlantic and are visiting England over spring break to watch some premiership games and experience a professional youth training environment. John Clayton, Academy Director at Bristol City has been very accommodating with the boys and he is looking forward to seeing the Canadian boys work with his existing crop of young Academy players. Mike Hudson, Director of Coaching and Player Development for Soccer Nova Scotia stated "....opportunities to train at the highest level are invaluable for the development of our young players - we hope to give more players opportunities like this in the future". Ian and Kyle join Derek Gaudet who spent two months last year at the Sheffield United Academy."

I had the pleasure of coaching Kyle at the U10 level many years back. We didn't have a very talented team and Kyle was able to keep the ball down the other end with his long drop-kicks. One game he spent the whole first half throwing the ball out to our guys. At half I asked him why and he responded "I've been practicing all week". The kid is not tall for a keeper but he has passion and lots of heart. I wish him luck but I know he'll make his own luck. If all the kids is this country had his passion we wouldn't be wondering why we sit at #103.

Ian's parents are from England and it's my understanding from reading other posts that this would allow him to play should a team like what they see. Gives him a bit of an advantage over Derek Gaudet and others without an English pedigree. This would be a good move for Ian and will give him a better challange than what he would get here in Halifax.

Archived