U18 Soccer in Halifax

aussoccerfan

I love soccer, but I'm not good at sports.

I'm 16-years-old, and I will be 17 in June.

There's no recreation-level league in Halifax at the U18 level that I know of.

Youth soccer in Halifax has 3 levels.

Tier 1- (NSSL- U14-U18)

Tier 2A- (CISL- U12-U23)

Tier 2B- (CISL- U12-U16)

Tier 2B is the recreational level of soccer.

I really don't want to quit soccer. Any advice ? Please Comment.

quote:Originally posted by Soccerpro

Looks like your choice is the Mens "C" division, either the real small crap one out of exhibition park with only 4 teams http://www.misl.ca/m_c.aspor the other mens C division which isnt as bad and has a few decent players playing out of SNS http://www.msmsl.com

Nice comments on Men's "C" divisions. Which team do you play for? Celtic?, Man U?, Barcelona? Bayern Munich?

To answer the original question, Mens "C" is the best way to go for a 16/17/18 year old in this position. Depending on regulations, you may have missed the boat for this year. The MISL is in week 4. There may be a signup cutoff date.

Send an email to soccer Nova Scotia and they can highlight your opportunities.

Keep playing!!!

Ken

Halifax County United Men's "C"

MISL "Crap League"

quote:Originally posted by kmacphee

Nice comments on Men's "C" divisions. Which team do you play for? Celtic?, Man U?, Barcelona? Bayern Munich?

To answer the original question, Mens "C" is the best way to go for a 16/17/18 year old in this position. Depending on regulations, you may have missed the boat for this year. The MISL is in week 4. There may be a signup cutoff date.

Keep playing!!!

Ken

MISL "Crap League"

No I played for Smu, Dal, Athens and Dunbrack. Look at the website and the setup of each C division and where they play out of and the number of teams from a neutral point of view and tell me which one appears to be crap out the two. I dont know anyone in your C divsion but the one out of SNS has some decent players I personally know including university players who dont want the commitment that comes with the premier league. They also have an indoor cup with teams from the "B" division. But yeah playing in exhibition park out in the middle of nowhere getting slammed into hockey boards along with rock hard astro turf with concrete underneath and no heat would be fun.

quote:Originally posted by Soccerpro

No I played for Smu, Dal, Athens and Dunbrack. Look at the website and the setup of each C division and where they play out of and the number of teams from a neutral point of view and tell me which one appears to be crap out the two. I dont know anyone in your C divsion but the one out of SNS has some decent players I personally know including university players who dont want the commitment that comes with the premier league. They also have an indoor cup with teams from the "B" division. But yeah playing in exhibition park out in the middle of nowhere getting slammed into hockey boards along with rock hard astro turf with concrete underneath and no heat would be fun.

You missed the point .... neither league is "crap". They are both fine opportunities to play at this level.

Cheers,

Ken

quote:Originally posted by kmacphee

Keep playing!!!

Ken

MISL "Crap League"

I thought that a person had to be at least 18 or 19 to play senior soccer.

Archived