Question regarding Freddy Adu!

Desigol

The little pischer is complaining about playing time. Who does he think he is , Wayne Rooney?

MLS dropped the ball on this one. They hyped him like he was the second coming of Pele. Of course he never lived up to the hype(No surprise there). He should have played at a lower level for a couple of years and then brought in to play with DC United. No they had to bring him in right away and sell him to the American public like some kind of saviour of American soccer. Stupid strategy.

BTW, I believe he was 14 when he first played in MLS about as much as I believe in little green men from mars. He was born in Ghana where documents like birth certificates are not necessarily issued or easily "changed".

Guest Jeffery S.

I think if you look at how much he has grown over these years you can draw your own conclusions. How many inches has he put on since the "age" of 14? How many more will he grow by?

How many kids in Ghana do not grow more than two few centimetres after their 14th birthdays?

Please, someone tell me I am wrong, it just makes it all the more embarrassing if I am not.

Adu is mouthing off and I don't like that! He thinks that DCU coach Nowak is sabotageing his chance at a WC spot in Germany. Honestly, I dont think he is good enough to make the squad. Look at whos there already: Convey, Reina, Donovan, Beasley, Ralston and Dempsey.

Has/How many caps does Adu have at the senior level?

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

Adu is mouthing off and I don't like that! He thinks that DCU coach Nowak is sabotageing his chance at a WC spot in Germany. Honestly, I dont think he is good enough to make the squad. Look at whos there already: Convey, Reina, Donovan, Beasley, Ralston and Dempsey.

Has/How many caps does Adu have at the senior level?

I really don't think anybody likes it when Adu mouths off, but he is only 16(I don't know anything about the educational system in Ghana but his mom seems to be a very intelligent women who I am sure can count to eight, which was the age he was when they came to the US). Bruce will call him into the winter/spring camp but he has very little chance of making the WC team in my opinion. And only Reyna, Beasley, Donovan, Cherundolo and Keller are a lock for the team.

Ya, it might not be "mouthing off," but he certainly voiced his displesure with his lack of playing time. I think next year he should be starting. I guess he will be 17 or so, give him playing time or ship him off to where ever.

He shouldent worry, I think by 2010 he will be in the squad... much like how DeMarcus rose to the level he is at now to claim a "locked" spot.

Archived