Ontario University Soccer

Alex

At the moment Im attending Trent University. Anybody that knows anything about Ontario Universities knows that Trent isn't much of a sporting school, but we do have a mens soccer team. Although they have not won in a few years, I'm thinking of trying out this coming year.

The reason why I've posted is to ask the question if anybody could tell me the calibre of play of many of the Ontario Universities????

(By the way I've seen them practice and I'm sure my highschool team from a few years ago could give Trent a go at it.)

Hey, Alex generally the OUA is probably one of the top leagues in the country. The level of play is pretty high. Majority of the players on O.U.A. teams play competitively in leagues all throughout Ontario. Some of the better schools have quite a few playing in the CPSL.

Yes you are right. Trent does not win much at anything athletic. The men's soccer team went pointless in the 2004 season losing all 10 games over the course of the season, although they played decent ball the last few games. Trent ultimately was in the rebuilding process for 2004.

But you should tryout for the team if you desire to and believe you have the ability to play at the university level.

Trent has not had much of a program before 2004 but the coach is taking the team in the right direction for the future and success will come. With some rookies from 2004 to add to the some of the quality players already with the squad things are looking brighter for 2005. I would honestly give them a shot at the playoffs I think they will win a few games this year beyond that Im not too sure.

About your high school team giving them a go at it I highly doubt it. But that will depend on the quality of players at your school but believe it or not many U17 & U18 youth teams can play with some of the Universities when they are not at full strength.

Hey, Alex generally the OUA is probably one of the top leagues in the country. The level of play is pretty high. Majority of the players on O.U.A. teams play competitively in leagues all throughout Ontario. Some of the better schools have quite a few playing in the CPSL.

Yes you are right. Trent does not win much at anything athletic. The men's soccer team went pointless in the 2004 season losing all 10 games over the course of the season, although they played decent ball the last few games. Trent ultimately was in the rebuilding process for 2004.

But you should tryout for the team if you desire to and believe you have the ability to play at the university level.

Trent has not had much of a program before 2004 but the coach is taking the team in the right direction for the future and success will come. With some rookies from 2004 to add to the some of the quality players already with the squad things are looking brighter for 2005. I would honestly give them a shot at the playoffs I think they will win a few games this year beyond that Im not too sure.

About your high school team giving them a go at it I highly doubt it. But that will depend on the quality of players at your school but believe it or not many U17 & U18 youth teams can play with some of the Universities when they are not at full strength.

Archived