Alan Smith's future?

argh1

I was thinking (which not only is dangerous but rare) that maybe this player, who is one of my favourites in the EPL would be better off away from ManUre. Rooney, Ruud, Christiano, and a few others will be the stars. Alan's talents seem to let him play forward or mid-field. I'm afraid that at United he'll not be given the time to shine that his ability deserves. As a Brit snob I'd like to see him stay at home, but maybe his agent should start looking to the continent for a staring role.

Isn't it odd how we view players. I love Smith's style but Christiano makes my skin crawl. I see Ronaldo as (albiet talented) a showboater others may say he plays with flair. For some reason every time I watch Ronaldo I want some old-fashioned hard nosed defender to break one of his body parts and teach him to play the game like a man instead of a 'come near me when I know I can't beat ya and I'll gladly slump to ground' kinda player.

Fergie should have brought Smithy on in the FA Cup Final, he would have won the game, as would Tim Howard in goal for the penalties. I love Smith ( and I HATE Leeds, incidentally), always gives 100 %,which is what Keane is always asking for,he's great in the air, and far more talented than people give him credit for ,surely he has to move, to play more often and to stay in the England picture.I also like Ronaldo, as much as I loved watching Jimmy Johnstone, Charlie Cooke, Duncan McKenzie and other great ball -players. In those tough old days, too many "liberties" were taken with skilled players, Nobby Stiles for all his fame , was one dirty little bugger, who just hacked the good , classy player down--do you really want to see a return of that type of "stopper"? Let's allow the "Ronaldo's" of the world to show their skills, and showboat them as well at times. p.s. Have you ever seen Chelsea win the league? Yahoo!!!

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

You're 100% certain about this?

Yep, absolutely certain--well nearly almost, maybe-- not quite sure. RVN has not been that hot lately, what had Fergie to lose--oh yes --the FA cup. Howard was warming up--obviously was being considered as a sub-he's very good reflex -wise at penalties, did Fergie not wish to hurt Carrol's feelings-who cares?. Personally I do NOT consider a penalty-kick win a result----to me the game has been drawn, it would be smarter to award the win to the team winning the most corners.The wise and wonderful FIFA (and CONCACAF)_ have awarded the "route to a trophy" merely on the spin of a coin--you know that!!

Archived