NB Soccer League makes new rule

argh1

I was checking the Soccer NB site to see what teams were registered for 2005 and I came across this new rule. Apparantly starting this year in the NB Soccer League seating behind players benches will be prohibited, all seating must be on the other side of the field.

I was checking out Riverview's new Dobson soccer field, which is sandwiched between last years new Dobson football field,the Harold Page baseball diamond, the town marina, and the 2 ice pad rink.But I'll take fields with lighting anywhere. Where I noticed both football and soccer fields had players benches on one side and bleachers on the other, which struck me as strange.

Now I don't get to alot of games but I don't see hordes of spectators either. But kudos to the town that is one nice field house between the soccer and football fields.

The Eastern Regional Soccer League (Ottawa area + Kingston) has the same rule, players with a maximum of four team officals on one side of the field and parents and spectators on the other side. I think it is a very positive move.

Archived