Soccer Heaven

fearnsey

Sportsnet's Soccer Heaven

soccerheaven.jpg

Ho ho, Christmas Day is here again! Which means it is time for the next installment of Sportsnet's holiday favourite, Soccer Heaven. Simply put, you vote in the three categories listed below, and Christmas morning Sportsnet will reward you with a triple-header of soccer action. So get to it!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article.jsp?content=20041203_123406_5852

If that uncouth picture of the Hoff doesn't increase our German traffic by 2,675%, i don't know what the hell will.

I mean really beaches, did you have to post such an um, 'iconic' image of the Hoff? Thanks to you beaches, this must be the first time that i have ever desired to be legally blind. I just hope/pray that 20 ounces of tequila will eradicate the memory of the rather unsavory image of the 'Hoff extending christmas wishes in a black speedo. I mean is this thread the 8th circle of Dante's Inferno?

Note to self: Never venture into this thread ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER again. I mean N-E-V-E-R.

edit: ahhh my eeeyyyyeesss, returned to edit out the swear.

How come that all North Americans know that the Hoff was popular in Germany! I always love the jokes about it and will never forget Billy Corgan of the Smashing pumpkins making fun of all his fans at a concert in Hamburg. Of course I don't feel offended at all, but just who the heck spreaded the word all over North America?!?

Norm MacDonald, a Canadian, was the one who first expostulated the theory that.."all Germans love David Hasselhoff." It was a rumour denied initially, even by Hoff himself, but is now commonly accepted as fact. Of course, it isn't possible for absolutely all Germans to love David Hassellhoff. right Tim?

quote:Originally posted by canso

Norm MacDonald, a Canadian, was the one who first expostulated the theory that.."all Germans love David Hasselhoff." It was a rumour denied initially, even by Hoff himself, but is now commonly accepted as fact. Of course, it isn't possible for absolutely all Germans to love David Hassellhoff. right Tim?

Of course its not, but if you believe it or not, call it childhood stupidity, but back in 1988 or something I loved Knight rider! The only excuse I have for this is that I am born 1979. So that is my part of the story. To the relation of all the other Germans to the Hoff: "Looking for freedom" was a number one hit for ages in Germany, almost every guy in my age loved Knight rider, Baywatch ran pretty well for quite some time AND THE HOFF SANG GERMAN! And these songs were soooo bad! So, not everybody loved him but very many people did (I am sure a much higher percentage than in USA and Canada) ! I wonder what he is doing these days, it's been a while since his peak of popularity, even in Germany!

It's hilarious that people in Canada and the US laugh at the Germany/DH thing considering the CRAP that they like.

I loved Knight Rider as a kid. And I'll still watch it for the nostalgia/cheese factor (it's still shown on TV). Not buying the DVDs, though.

Archived