Stalteri News

sstackho

I can't tell how bad this injury is, but perhaps Paul wouldn't have been available for the WCQs anyway...

From paulstalteri.com

Tuesday October 5th

In response to the latest reports, Paul Stalteri has confirmed that after discussions with the medical and coaching staff, it was decided that he would not be taking part in the regular team training program. He will have an individual fitness program for this week and will return to the regular team practice schedule on Monday October 11th.

It just struck me, but I hope the CSA understand the suspension rules. I think you actually have to indicate to FIFA that the suspended player would have been selected if not for the suspension. I seem to recall a nation getting caught in that manner during the Euro qulaifiers.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

It just struck me, but I hope the CSA understand the suspension rules. I think you actually have to indicate to FIFA that the suspended player would have been selected if not for the suspension. I seem to recall a nation getting caught in that manner during the Euro qulaifiers.

Maybe thats why the suspension seemed so harsh. To be honnest I wasn't sure. When I heard about the two game suspension I assumed one for the red card ( the game he was on the sideline) and one for the following game ( in Costa Rica)in which he was injured anyways. But perhaps your right. The two game suspension may have been imposed starting for the games in which he fit. But who knows if he was available or not to be subbed in during the Honduras match in Edmonton. I suppose could have argued this point.

Archived