Canadians abroad: August 27 - September 2, 2004

DJT

Just to clarify things, C1/A and C1/B are the same level (tier 3). C2/A, C2/B and C2/C are the same level (tier 4). Yes, these leagues are regional. I don't think we should be calling players at that low a level to our senior men's national team. For our youth teams, it is more acceptable though. The only exception is Hume, who is in a third tier league, but I think most people would agree that he is a special case.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.

Aguiar did not play for Penafiel in their season opener, still short of match fitness after the knee injury.

He chose the team over Coimbra as he had made a verbal agreement with the club president it seems, and kept it in spite of making less than offered at Coimbra.

The team will struggle in top flight in spite of new signings and an experienced coach.

Will have to dig around to find news on whether de Serpa was loaned out and if so, where.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Rocco Placentino plays the entire match today as Cavese lose 2-1 to Frosinone in Coppa Italia di Serie C, Group O play. The result means that Frosinone leapfrogs into first place ahead of Cavese, so Rocco's team will not continue in the competition.

Some second-place teams also advance, so they might not be out just yet. There are still matches to be played in other groups.

(Personal note: My team Sora were also in this group. They finished way back in fourth, but at least they beat Frosinone in the local derby! [^] There will be two players with Serie A clubs this season who were with Sora last year.)

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Aguiar did not play for Penafiel in their season opener, I was wrong to report he was still injured, in fact the international transfer arrived a couple minutes after the deadline and he could not be called into the squad. So this means he is ready to play.

He chose the team over Coimbra as he had made a verbal agreement with the club president it seems, and kept it in spite of making less than offered at Coimbra.

The team will struggle in top flight in spite of new signings and an experienced coach.

Will have to dig around to find news on whether de Serpa was loaned out and if so, where.

Archived