Questions about FSWC

graham

Have been a subscriber to FSWC since day one, but still confused over a couple of issues. [1] Where does the broadcast originate from? Is it Winnipeg? [2] Is the broadcast we see shown in the States, as the presenters constantly refer to FSW game schedules as well as FSWC schedules? [3] Do we have a definitive answer on the EPL Highlight Show and when it will be televised? [4] Can't believe that FSWC is going to have the second EPL game on Sunday broadcast through PPV. Are we heading backwards to the days when the Sunday EPL games were all PPV - I recall a few years back paying a year's subscription for two games on Sundays - around $90 a season. I understood thet Sportsnet was showing an EPL game on Sundays, or was last week [Chelsea/Man Utd] just a one-off? [5] The Scottish analyst on FSWC - I've forgotten his name [McMahon?] - was he a former player? If so, what team did he play for? [6] Does anyone else find that the entire FSWC presenter team is unorthodox - just not your typical broadcasters? Jeremy St Louis looks as if he just graduated from high school! Nevertheless, still a great specialty channel for football [okay - soccer!]

From what I know:

1. The FSW Report is done in Winnipeg. I don't know if the rest of the command centre is there.

2. FSW Report is shown the same way we see it in the States. However, the schedules are different between the two. (I was surprised and disappointed on Thursday that they showed only Canada WCQ highlights, and no other matches - not even the US match)

3. The EPL Review Show is back on the FSWC schedule. However, at the moment it is only listed at 2pm ET on Tuesday. Set the VCR.

4. The Sportsnet Sunday match was a one-off apparently. It does suck that FSWC won't have a 11am Sunday game. That was one big reason I subscribed.

5. It doesn't appear that Bobby McMahon ever played professionally. He also appears to write for the Winnipeg Sun.

6. Yes, it's a bit different and relaxed. I quite enjoy it.

When I looked at Sportsnet and FSWC schedules for Sunday on their web sites this morning, FSWC had the West Bromwhich Albion/Aston Villa game scheduled for 8 a.m. and there was no game scheduled for Sportsnet. Then just before the Southampton/Blackburn game on Sportsnet this morning, Gerry Dobson advertised both the West Bromwhich game and the Arsenal game on Sportsnet for Sunday. Do they know what is happening? Obviously, the Chelsea/Manchester United game last Sunday wasn't, after all, a one-off for Sportsnet on a Sunday. Thanks Sstackho for information.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

By the way, the EPL Review show looks set for midnight tonight ET.

Oh great. Those of us who are used to watching Argentinian soccer in its regular (and bad enough) timeslot of Sundays 11PM-1AM Eastern have been kicked out. Thanks a lot, FSWC. [xx(] And you EPL fans are complaining?

Did Sportsnet show the Arsenal vs. Middlesbrough match (& Villa vs. West Brom) Sunday morning? or did Gerry Dobson (or graham) have his wires crossed?

I caught the highlights on the EPL Review Show, Sunday night, and it looked like a very dramatic game.

quote:Originally posted by Rivaldo

Did Sportsnet show the Arsenal vs. Middlesbrough match (& Villa vs. West Brom) Sunday morning? or did Gerry Dobson (or graham) have his wires crossed?

I caught the highlights on the EPL Review Show, Sunday night, and it looked like a very dramatic game.

Nope. Setanta has the 11am games now, so you'll have to go to a pub to see those ones.

Archived