Fulham's community scheme branches out to Canada..

JackNorth

Hard to tell whether this is a good soccer in Canada or not.

the quote:

Fulham's progressive Community Scheme is broadening its net to include overseas coaching and spreading the Club's name across Canada. Community Scheme Manager, Gary Mulcahey, is leading a team of five coaches delivering a soccer camp in the beautiful surroundings of Kelowna, British Columbia.

The innovative project is being delivered with the support of Advanced Prospects and youngsters from all over Canada are benefiting from the professional coaching of an established Premiership Club.

Head of Community, Simon Morgan, said "This is an excellent initiative and a wonderful opportunity to spread the name of Fulham Football Club across the world. This will hopefully be the first of many such ventures in different parts of the world"

The bit about sending coaches is obvigiously very welcomed; Especially if it mean more career opportunities for players. But if it doesn't yield opportunities and if it turn out to be all about " spreading the name of Fulham Football club around the world", then I couldn't give a rats **s about these kind of pronouncements. Maybe I am being too cynical but I have a feeling that the later is what this is really about. None the less, kudos to the club for showing confidence in our top striker.

Hard to tell whether this is a good soccer in Canada or not.

the quote:

Fulham's progressive Community Scheme is broadening its net to include overseas coaching and spreading the Club's name across Canada. Community Scheme Manager, Gary Mulcahey, is leading a team of five coaches delivering a soccer camp in the beautiful surroundings of Kelowna, British Columbia.

The innovative project is being delivered with the support of Advanced Prospects and youngsters from all over Canada are benefiting from the professional coaching of an established Premiership Club.

Head of Community, Simon Morgan, said "This is an excellent initiative and a wonderful opportunity to spread the name of Fulham Football Club across the world. This will hopefully be the first of many such ventures in different parts of the world"

The bit about sending coaches is obvigiously very welcomed; Especially if it mean more career opportunities for players. But if it doesn't yield opportunities and if it turn out to be all about " spreading the name of Fulham Football club around the world", then I couldn't give a rats **s about these kind of pronouncements. Maybe I am being too cynical but I have a feeling that the later is what this is really about. None the less, kudos to the club for showing confidence in our top striker.

I think its very good news for Canadian soccer. Even though I think most Canadian soccer supporters knew about Fulham FC beforehand, especially now that the countries top striker is playing there. "Fulham's progressive Community Scheme is broadening its net to include overseas coaching and spreading the Club's name across Canada" .

Archived