July 19 - Hamilton vs. Durham [R]

Hamilton "Udderly" Destroys Durham

Even Fat-19's halftime burger wasn't enough to help Durham. The bovine one mooed his way around the pitch and watched as the Thunder slammed 7 into the Storm goal - five before halftime! - to no reply. Ian Bennett had a great game on the right and got two goals himself including the opener. Me and my buddy Ryan realized halfway through the second that the Storm's only decent player (#8) was actually an old Thunder player! I'll get his name off the CPSL site. Man Durham were bad though...

In the end we came, we sang, we conquered! Half the home "support" hated us, half found us hysterical. I'll be there again Wednesday (hopefully with a few more friends) so if anyone reads this and decides to check out the game come say "Hi" as it shouldn't be to hard to figure out who I am. After a lackluster start to the season this game reminded me why it's so fun to go watch local pseudo-semi-pro soccer. The BHTC is back baby!

Mike.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

Yep, the Storm were sad. They looked good for the first 5 minutes, but then Hamilton started playing and, well, you know the pasting. You and your crew were classic man, and I hope to join you guys on Wednesday.

7-nil to the Thu-under...

And I cried at the moo-ing... beautiful thing.

Hamilton Steelers #1

Fat-19 (aka Sir Moosalot) is the BHTC's nickname for Durham's, ahem, "portly" sweeper. Seriously, this guy is way to big to be trying to pull off a spot as a starter (let alone CAPTAIN!) in the CPSL. On the street no one would think that he was anything more than a big guy but in a soccer uniform it was a different story... and we let him know about it all match! And it's not like anyone can argue that he's good enough either. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago but not anymore. He was a pylon and never got moving faster than a light trot.

As I said on the BHTC forum the name Mark Wagenaar does sound familiar. I briefly spoke with him as I was walking out and he (#8) did confirm that my buddy and I were correct and that he had played for the Thunder two years ago. Can anyone confirm that this was Mark Wagenaar (ie. anyone remember someone by that name)?

Mike.

Archived