BBC: Fulham return ends in farce

Blue and White Army

Guest Jeffery S.

I saw this too, and was amazed. I thought that rule was only for FIFA international friendlies, those that would be valid for the ranking system (unlike B teams or vs. clubs, like in Van this week). Perhaps for those it makes some sense, but for a club in pre-season. Very odd indeed that the FA did not make its own ruling to exempt clubs (now they probably will).

Guest Jeffery S.

I saw this too, and was amazed. I thought that rule was only for FIFA international friendlies, those that would be valid for the ranking system (unlike B teams or vs. clubs, like in Van this week). Perhaps for those it makes some sense, but for a club in pre-season. Very odd indeed that the FA did not make its own ruling to exempt clubs (now they probably will).

Guest Jeffery S.

After a request from the English FA, Fifa has ruled today that the six sub rule will only apply to international friendlies, and not pre-season matches between clubs. The decision is provisional, pending a meeting of the International Board in September.

Good decision, after a dumb one earlier. I only agree with the full international match ruling for reasons mentioned above.

Archived