"Brilliant on Brillant!"

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Coming up in half-time of the NE Revolution match they will interview Felix Brillant. Go to the Revs site and click on Interactive, then to the audio link. Quick as I write, 8:25 Eastern.

They are interviewing someone else first BTW, don't be confused.

Guest Jeffery S.

It didn't go, they announced Brilliant and then the other guy appeared with them. Too bad, could have been interesting. Maybe he backed out last minute. He has started today for them vs. MetroStars and gets positive comments from their play-by-play guys, had a one-on-one vs the keeper that was stopped 1st half.

Guest Jeffery S.

Well screw them: Brillant goes free on an offside trap and beats the keeper one on one for his first MLS goal and the Revs' lead, maybe m. 15 2nd half.

"Brilliant on Brillant" play by play dixit.

a recent writeup on Brillant

http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20040623&content_id=6312&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

06/23/2004 7:49PM

Brillant gains confidence with Revs

By Kyle McCarthy / MLSnet.com Staff

Felix Brillant has seen his playing time increase throughout his season. Although a combination of injuries and good form have given Felix Brillant a regular place in the New England Revolution's starting XI in recent weeks, the rookie attacking talent still has lingering doubts about his place in the league.

"I don't know if I belong yet," admits Brillant. "You are only as good as your next game, but I do feel better. About two weeks ago, I started to feel better. The 90-minute game (against Kansas City last weekend) really made me feel comfortable."

Surging runs through the offensive half have provided impetus for Steve Nicol's men, as the Montreal, Quebec native has operated as both an out-and-out striker and wide midfielder at various times throughout the season.

But despite his doubts, the transitional international conceded that his form has steadily improved with each passing match.

"I think that I am getting better and better with every game," said Brillant. "Hopefully, I get to the level where I can continue to play well."

Brillant said that match fitness has been a key factor, as he has finally been a constant on the field for the past three matches.

"You are able to get in there," said Brillant. "You can practice all you want, but until you get 90 minutes, your fitness levels aren't there."

Brillant's fitness comes hand-in-hand with his adjustment from Division II powerhouse Franklin Pierce College in New Hampshire. After a stint in the youth system of AS Cannes of the Ligue 1 in France, Brillant was a four-year standout for the Cape Cod Crusaders (PDL).

"College soccer, compared to MLS, is really slow," said Brillant. "In MLS, you need to know what you want to do with the ball before you receive it. In college, you can get away with it. The speed of play was a very big adjustment for me. The first couple of weeks I was training with the Revolution, I was a little bit out of step."

Brillant looks to continue his rich vein of form this weekend against the MetroStars.

"I thought I did pretty well last week," said Brillant. "Hopefully, I will get to play again this weekend and play well."

Kyle McCarthy is a contributor to MLSnet.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by DJT

Guys! It's "Brillant", not "Brilliant"!

Yeah, yeah, I realized that. Consider it changed.

Archived