Another De Vos Interview from Sky Sports

Guest Can. in UK

Guest Can. in UK

Wigan Athletic captain Jason de Vos has confirmed to skysports.com that he is considering his options for next season.

The Canadian international admitted that he is in talks with other clubs after initially failing to agree new terms with The Latics.

The big centre back did stress that he would be speaking to the JJB Stadium outfit again about his future, but de Vos is hoping to have things sorted out one way or another by the end of May.

"I was offered a new contract by Wigan, but we couldn't agree terms," de Vos told skysports.com.

"I still have to speak to Wigan again, but obviously I'm considering my options at this stage and exploring what's out there for me, so we'll have to sort of wait and see what happens.

"At the minute, I'm speaking to a number of clubs with a view to signing for them for next season.

"I would like to have something sorted out by the end of the month."

With Wigan just missing out on the Division One play-offs following a 1-1 home draw with West Ham United last Sunday, de Vos is hoping to settle his future before teaming up with the Canada squad for their May 30 friendly against Wales in Wrexham.

The Canadians will be preparing for their crucial two-leg Concacaf World Cup qualifier against Belize next month, as Frank Yallop's squad begin their quest to reach the finals of Germany 2006.

"My first priority is to get my future sorted out," de Vos added.

"Hopefully, I can do that before the end of the month and if that's the case then, I can get that tied down.

"Hopefully, I'll then be looking to commit to the games in the summer with the Canadian team, as they're very important for us because we've got World Cup qualifying just around the corner.

"We're going to need everybody on board and hopefully, I'll be there for those."

Archived