Andrea Lombardo on trial in Italy

bigbro

Thanks for the info. I had thought he would likely have had a work permit due to his Italian heritage, but I guess not. Best of luck to him with Atalanta, who are a good club to be with (one of the teams that the likes of Roma & Juve like to pick off players from once Atalanta develops them for them). Keep us posted if you can.

england has stricter work permit policies it appears he had to be 18 to get one and since hes only 16 they had to send him home. italy's different because hes an italian citizen and over 16 so its easier to get one

This is great news for Lombardo Trial, but just being a citizen is not the case. As a minor in Italy you must have not only a citzenship of the country, you also must be a resident in the city or in college provided by the team you play for in order to play in any league in Italy according to the FIGC and only still they can only sign up to 3 players from outside the country. If in fact he could obtain all of these critera Atalanta is a excellent club for youth development and have good teams in all of the age groups form the primavera down to the 9 year olds it would be great if he made it. I know some of the coaches in this club and a player of the Seria B Atalanta team who was brought up from the youth team and says nothing but good things about the youth system and their coaching staff. I will find out how things are going with Lombardo on my return from Germany in the next week as i will be in Atalanta to see my friend and watch his home game against Palermo before i return to milan

This is great news for the youth of Canadian soccer. I'm just wondering what our youth prospects for the western side of the country are up to. All we hear about on our is players from Ontario signing youth contracts over in Europe. And with a huge presence of prominent BC players on the recent U-17 squad you'd think it would be different. Anyone have news on them?

Archived