Pesch's 100th goal

Natesta

I've heard a couple times on the television that Pesch's goal for Derby was his 99th.

Which would of course mean his next goal would be his 100th.

I wish he were so prolific with the National Side.

Here's wishing him the best of luck though.

I would have to guess that Carlo has that honour: 121 goals in his 'English' career (Cambridge United - 43, Plymouth Argyle - 24, Northampton Town - 32, Oldham Athletic - 22).

101 and 102, though it looks like he took pay cut to go there, it looks like it was a good move.

------------------

Burley praises Peschisolido

Derby boss George Burley hailed the contribution of Paul Peschisolido after his two-goal salvo elped see off Nottingham Forest in a 4-2 victory at Pride Park.

"Peschisolido has been tremendous for us, he's been a huge bonus," he said.

"Goals are so important and you need a striker who is scoring on a regular basis. It's given us a realistic chance of staying in this division.

"We were surprised that we were able to get him. He's taken a pay cut to come here so he wants to play for us."

--------------

Pesch and his wages:

From Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock: " ... out of the blue Derby County offered him a deal until 2006 on triple the wages we had offered."

From Derby manager George Burley: "We were surprised that we were able to get him. He's taken a pay cut to come here so he wants to play for us."

Wonder what Pesch Fan says?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Peschfan

As far as i know He did get a raise in wages by moving to Derby. I believe it was quite substantial. I think it was at least double but im not sure about triple. I will try to get confirmation for you guys.

I was surprised by this too, read it on bbc earlier today. I think maybe he had a decent salary at Sheff Utd, but was offered another year at a much lower salary. So the Derby County contract would double or triple the new contract offer from Sheffield, not the current one. This may also explain why he stalled at signing again for a team with clear chances to play in EPL next year.

The contract extension was for less money than the current and may be where this Triple came from but i still think it is more than his currentsalary was with Sheffield. I wil try to find out.

A for top scorer here are pesch's numbers in English Football... League, cups, and playoffs.

Birmingham City: 18 goals in 57 appearances.

Stoke City: 24 goals in 81 appearances

West Bromwich Albion: 16 goals in 46 appearances

Fulham: 30 goals in 117 appearances

QPR: 1 goal 5 appearances

Norwich City: 0 goals in 5 appearances

Sheffield United: 24 goals in 102 appearances

Derby County: 4 goals in 3 appearances ... so far

Total: 117 (league 102 Cup 15)

Looks like he will eventually pass Carlo for Top English Scorer but as of now Carlo takes that honour.

Dont think Radz will play long enough to contest these numbers but Iain Hume certainly could take this honour before he is done.

Archived