Should we really have a MISL player...

Natesta

Should we really even be looking at MISL players for out national team?

I know there are many people who like Martin Nash, but really I don't see how he has any place (even as a sub) on our national team.

I actually find it rather embrassing that we have players from such low calibre leagues playing for us, especially since we have enough playing at a higher level to suppliment our side.

Martin Nash has English Football and A-League experience. MISL is home to many A-League players who play the indoor game in the off-season. It is better for fitness maintainess and skill development than if Martin were to curl or play darts all winter. Marty has not been capped often enough in my estimation.

I don't know. Who's got a better right foot, indoor, outdoor, or foozball? For placement anyway. We seem to be getting a few shooters into the lineup these days.

I'll admit he's a bit slow in the midfield and his defending is juvenile.

Dose seem to wander mentaly as well some times, too.

Can't say that he looks comfortable with the mental speed at the higher quality end of the game, either.

Yeah... Kinda talked me into it. Not much room for Mr.Nash on the 1st team.

Of course after the Kingston Massacre Yallop opts to go with a depleated squad for the return formality in Belize I think Nash and various other domestic level players could be in a Canada kit again. That is of course, if Yallop decides to give the 1st team a break. Hard to judge as you want the lads together as much as possible but as it's also likely we'll have to use domestics for I think quite a few games they'll need their share of exposure too. And facing an opponent like Belize will do more good for Nash, MC2, Pizzolito, Carlos, etc than it will for Diesel, Toffee, JDV, and De Guzman.

Archived