New Forum Request

Guest Ed

Guest Jeffery S.

You'd be surprised by how important style is Ed. Noone will cheer for you if you look dumb, and if we get to the World Cup our uniform will be very important as it might just end up being one our few redeeming qualities.

I have been chatting with a sometime Canada youth keeper on the subject who recently sent me this hilarious gem: "I think **** is a really good keeper with good style .. Its important for a keeper to have a good appearance , not look like a dummy!! "

Comments everyone, let the new thread begin...

Obviously style is what counts. Two more threads in the General Discussion area.

Mods, the great unwashed have spoken. They need their FASHION FORUM now!!!!!

Thanks, off to my weekly makeover now.

Metro Eddie.

Guest Jeffery S.

I remember when the Canucks changed their first, expansion uniform, with that nice little rink drawing on it, they said that they needed a more aggressive uniform to get on the winning way.

Maybe they should change their uniform every year come playoffs.

This thread is leading us down a dangerous road.

If intimidation is the theme of the day for jerseys, how soon until someone makes the inevitable observation that hey, a maple leaf, it ain't scarin' no one.

Soon the CSA in all their combined genius will rall to introduce a new logo for the nats - Some type of genetically modified beaver with large fangs, foam coming from the mouth, and Marc Bircham's hair.

Oh the horror.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

This thread is leading us down a dangerous road.

If intimidation is the theme of the day for jerseys, how soon until someone makes the inevitable observation that hey, a maple leaf, it ain't scarin' no one.

No worries there, I have it on good authority that someone in the southern part of Saskatchewan is designing a real menacing bad ass leaf for some T-shirts so we should be OK as is. :D

(No offence intended, I just loooove that phrase. I'll be wearing Die Ablaterhorn {or whatever the German was} in Germany 2.5 years from now.)

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I remember when the Canucks changed their first, expansion uniform, with that nice little rink drawing on it, they said that they needed a more aggressive uniform to get on the winning way.

Maybe they should change their uniform every year come playoffs.

They are now wearing that first expansion uniform more often than not now. Looks Good! (as it did then).

???

Is that the "Flying V"? I liked those! Lots! Best uniforms they've ever had. But then again, I like the old Kings uniforms way better than the black & silver ones which replaced them.

ooooooohhhhhh... Those origional white & blue/greenish thingies with the hockey rink & stick logo. Those were, and always will be the worse pro-sports uniforms on this planet. Absolutely awful.

And on the subject of fashion, makeovers, and the like Ed, the long awaited cropping of Cheeta's locks will likely occure in the next week or so. Finaly came up with a suitable design (as seen on a keep during a Serie A match) but alas, will need to grow sideburns to achieve the full look. Shouldn't need to sheer more than a foot or so. Sorry, Matthew.

Is this where I'm supposed to be suitably shocked that Cheetah's cutting his hair? Actually having a plan before cutting your hair is bad form, you need at least a week, 'hair short, but not styled" Just think DeRo in Scotland.

Does endorsing the Vancouver flying V's officially get you banned from a fashion thread? I think it should.

Hey Gordon don't diss the leaf. ;)

As an asside, would a new 12,000 seat Field Turf stadium get people excited or is it too small and with the wrong surface for anyone to care?

cheers,

matthew

Archived