Klukowski feels Canadian

Bxl Boy

Here is a translation of parts of the interview of Klukowski in last Foot Magazine (the interview was made before La Louvière refused him to go to the olympic qualifications) (I published it some days ago in the french speaking section) :

Last year, I played almost all games. Thus, I didn't "collapse" (He answers to the fact he spent time in Canada, during the holidays, and with the national team)

(...)

Regarding the national team, I haven't always time enough to travel to Canada. I must miss some friendly matches but I was recently called to play the last game of the olympic qualifications the will take place in February.

(...)

I also refused a lot of selections for the single reason that, during three months, there were always changes in the staff.

(...)

I now wish to play a maximum with La Louvière and, if possible, with my national team.

(...)

A lot of people thought I would regret to have chosen Canada, but it's not the case. Even if Poland is a soccer country in Europe and is nearer, I feel Canadian. I lived there during my whole childhood.

If that's what he meant, I'm not sure I understand his reasoning - though its a bit of a moot point as there was only one match that Mike could have declined to participate in (Finland) during the interim period, rather than "lots". He accepted the Gold Cup invite before getting injured & was needed for Olympic qualifying when we played the November friendlies.

In any event, I'm confident we will see him quite a few times under Yallop, and its a shame he won't be there tonight for us.

Archived