Rayner news

Joe05

Last I heard, Simon Rayner was playing for Port Talbot in the League of Wales. Prior to that, he was with Barry Town.

In Barry, he was the starting 'keeper for a while but then lost his place to another international 'keeper (from Nigeria I think). I think the reason he left Barry for Port Talbot was the club's financial meltdown, not the loss of his first team place.

Prior to joining Barry, he was in the youth system at Bournemouth. He left Bournemouth to get first team football.

Rayner was in the player pool for our U-20 national team but wasn't selected for the U-20 World Championships.

Potentially bad news for Rayner...

Marshall set for Millwall

(BBC) Millwall are set to complete the signing of Ipswich Town goalkeeper Andy Marshall on a month's loan.

The 28-year-old has not figured for the Tractor Boys all season and has recently spent time on loan at Wolves.

It will increase speculation Millwall keeper Tony Warner is to leave after refusing to sign a new deal.

"There are still a few ends that need tying up, but we hope to complete the deal within the next 24 hours," said Lions chief executive Ken Brown.

Warner has been heavily linked with a £1m switch to Premiership strugglers Wolves recently.

And Millwall boss Dennis Wise sees Marshall as the perfect replacement after checking on his form for Ipswich's reserves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/millwall/3422869.stm

Archived