Team or Club??????

argh1

Okay this is kind of a stupid thing, but......( ANYTIME you real soccer want me to stop posting , just tell me)

I was like almost watching the Barca game Sunday at work Sunday and what struck me was the to-getherness of Barca .The Ronaldinho foot work thing at the edge of the box AND the missed goal, but the HI-5's they gave each other showed team!

ManU plays with what I can only call an edge, rough just ask Keane or Scholes

So the question I ask is what is the intangible that makes a club a team ??Of couse we could all be managers if we could answer this. But what makes your favourite club a team??

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Okay this is kind of a stupid thing, but......( ANYTIME you real soccer want me to stop posting , just tell me)

I was like almost watching the Barca game Sunday at work Sunday and what struck me was the to-getherness of Barca .The Ronaldinho foot work thing at the edge of the box AND the missed goal, but the HI-5's they gave each other showed team!

ManU plays with what I can only call an edge, rough just ask Keane or Scholes

So the question I ask is what is the intangible that makes a club a team ??Of couse we could all be managers if we could answer this. But what makes your favourite club a team??

You saw that Ronaldinho move too? That was just plain sick!!

But I think when Barca is "switched-on" like they were on Sunday, they are the second most exciting team on the planet (behind only Arsenal). The problem I guess is just lack-of focus for a full 90 minutes week after week. Plus how many players under the age of 21 do they play regularily? Four (Saviola, Iniesta, Sergio and Quaresma)? Are there more? ... So they need time too!

Guest Jeffery S.

The Barça slogan is "Més de un club", more than a club, referring to the social and even political importance of the team for the Catalans and for many more.

This is hard to argue with, there are 106,000 paying club members, all with the right to vote in elections. The team has the reigning European basketball team, the handball team has been Euro champ 5 of the last 10 years. They also have a track team, ice hockey, and a new cycling team. There are something like 1500 fan clubs worldwide.

But the team part is important too, and clearly as badly as they've been doing, the players and coach have not been a team, and rarely gel. Until this game the team had the worst goals for-against in club history at this point in the season, barring 1941-42. Now they struggle to think about maybe getting a Champions spot. But when things go well, Ronaldinho has a great attitude, it gets infective, and Puyol stops whining openly and just plays like the magnificent defender he is. I sure would like the club to be just a club sometimes, and the team to be a real team. And all the rest would just be nice filler.

Archived