How's this for an own-goal

DJT

http://www.inter.it/media/mpg/-3405-29771.mpg

The shot was by Inter's Julio Cruz, the unlucky head belongs to Reggina's Emanuele Belardi. What makes this really hard to swallow for Reggina (and the rest of us who want to see Inter lose) is that it came in the third minute of second-half injury time, with Reggina leading the match 1-0 and the Coppa Italia Third Round series (tied 2-2 on aggregate) on away goals, meaning they were on the verge of eliminating Inter in an upset but instead Inter advanced 3-2 on aggregate.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

http://www.inter.it/media/mpg/-3405-29771.mpg

The shot was by Inter's Julio Cruz, the unlucky head belongs to Reggina's Emanuele Belardi. What makes this really hard to swallow for Reggina (and the rest of us who want to see Inter lose) is that it came in the third minute of second-half injury time, with Reggina leading the match 1-0 and the Coppa Italia Third Round series (tied 2-2 on aggregate) on away goals, meaning they were on the verge of eliminating Inter in an upset but instead Inter advanced 3-2 on aggregate.

That was irritating! I think Reggina would be still competing for the double this year if matches lasted only 80 minutes. But I'm not too sad cuz now they can focus completely on Serie A (gotta have that Palermo-Reggina derby in serie A next year).

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

That was irritating! I think Reggina would be still competing for the double this year if matches lasted only 80 minutes. But I'm not too sad cuz now they can focus completely on Serie A (gotta have that Palermo-Reggina derby in serie A next year).

Yeah,if they were able to score at all they'd be in the top half of Serie A.The same thing happened to them last year against Inter,allowing a goal near the final whistle after they had just tied it up a minute earlier.They must lead the league in nil nil games.The sad thing about Serie A is that Reggina may never win another game this year and still manage to avoid relegation.Not a whole lot to boast about if you're a fan but at least they might get a chance to play Palermo next year which btw is not a Derby.Reggina ia in the southern tip of the mainland and Palermo is in Sicily.Kinda like Vancouver to Victoria.

Archived