New Canadians in Portugal and Italy

DJT

An excerpt from a December 17, 2003 Hamilton Spectator article about the Hamilton Thunder posted by hamiltonfan in the Canadian Pro & Semi Pro Soccer Leagues section:

[Hamilton Thunder] midfielders Kevin de Serpa and Adam Leggett have snagged spots on Penafiel, a second division club in Portugal, while goalie Roberto Ferrari is mulling over options to play with Inter Milan's youth club or Venezia's tier-two team in Italy.

These are highly valuable players that the CSA should closely keep their eyes open on their progress in Europe for the next following years. They may perhaps become valuable assets for the Olympic team.

On the whole, this is a fine example on how the CPSL is capable of producing fresh/good talent. I've said this before, and with the departure of these talented lads to Europe surely proves me right. Even the U-20 team was comprised of several youngsters who once played or started their career in the CPSL. For this reason I am so pissed-off with CPSL President Vincent Ursini. The dismissal of 2 good markets such as Oshawa and Ottawa gives a serious black-eye to the CPSL. Please Mr. Ursini, if you are out there, get your act together. Your B.S. bureaucracy is killing the CPSL.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

An excerpt from a December 17, 2003 Hamilton Spectator article about the Hamilton Thunder posted by hamiltonfan in the Canadian Pro & Semi Pro Soccer Leagues section:

[Hamilton Thunder] midfielders Kevin de Serpa and Adam Leggett have snagged spots on Penafiel, a second division club in Portugal, while goalie Roberto Ferrari is mulling over options to play with Inter Milan's youth club or Venezia's tier-two team in Italy.

A heads-up: Penafiel is a good side which stands in the top 5's of the Portuguese 2nd Division. This club stands a good chance of promotion next year to the Portuguese Premiership.

Archived