Other QF matches [R]

mattbin

Japan managed to keep Brazil off the scoresheet for ten more minutes of playing time, and presumably through the halftime as well. Our 3-0 whipping at the hands of Brazil is a lot less painful today.

Yanks and Argies still scoreless through halftime.

quote:Originally posted by mattbin

Japan managed to keep Brazil off the scoresheet for ten more minutes of playing time, and presumably through the halftime as well. Our 3-0 whipping at the hands of Brazil is a lot less painful today.

Ummm, we only lost 2-0 :D

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

Well then--that's better, isn't it? :D

Back to the action--with a full three minutes of second half play, Japan has kept Brazil off the score sheet. Are they preparing to turn it around? (Nothing would make me happier, but my inclination is to expect the negative.)

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

Well then--that's better, isn't it? :D

Back to the action--with a full three minutes of second half play, Japan has kept Brazil off the score sheet. Are they preparing to turn it around? (Nothing would make me happier, but my inclination is to expect the negative.)

Brazil awakens briefly, scores goal, goes back to sleep, dreams of final whistle.

USA gives up a last-minute goal, now in extra time. So much for that stuff. I wonder how this game was, really--were the Argies pressing or just lucky?

The Argentines were definitely pressing! Of course you have to be a little lucky when you equalize 3.5 minutes into extra time, but they were clearly the better team (except for the keeper position).

Holy cow, Brazil is just giving Japan a spanking. 3-0 within 15 min. I think we can see the final shaping up pretty clearly, right about now...

Yeah, why don't they give Asia another World Cup spot with this performance. [}:)]

Final is shaping up clearly?? I think not! Argentina should still keep Brazil's hands full and my money is on them! Remember they didn't play Japan to get here! The team they beat (USA) would have beaten Japan by 3-4 goals, I'm sure of it!

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

The Argentines were definitely pressing! Of course you have to be a little lucky when you equalize 3.5 minutes into extra time, but they were clearly the better team (except for the keeper position).

Yeah, why don't they give Asia another World Cup spot with this performance. [}:)]

Final is shaping up clearly?? I think not! Argentina should still keep Brazil's hands full and my money is on them! Remember they didn't play Japan to get here! The team they beat (USA) would have beaten Japan by 3-4 goals, I'm sure of it!

Fiar enough--going from the match tracker, the Argies didn't seem so good. Then I saw the FIFA report and they definitely seemed to be trying to earn the win. Kudos to the US for getting so close!

So maybe it's not so straightforward. However, Spain's who I'm cheering for against those silly South Americans... amazing that 3 of their 4 are in the semis!

Allez les Rouges,

M@

Well, I take your money (kidding). Brazil is beginning to roll. But Argentina-Brazil will be intense even at U-20.. I'm would bet on a Brazil-Spain final... if I was a betting man.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Ok... Wait? It think we played both Spain and Brazil.. would look good if both were in the final.

Yes, I will go with the Brazilians.. Many of their players are playing regularly in Brazil under pressure. Only I don't know much about Argentina.. I suspect it is the same with them. So it will be a great semi.

Archived