CANADA vs USA.... who would win?

fza

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Wow! You're trying to gain a lot of mileage from 3 games here. Lets see, 2 wins in qualifying in 1997 and a draw in 2002 Gold Cup. Add in friendlies and you get two more wins and a loss.

It should be noted that the two wins in qualifying were in the dark days of the Lenarduzzi era (two regimes ago now), and with the appointment of Yallop as coach, those results are such ancient history that I don't really see the value in referring to them as evidence of what would happen in 2004.

The Jan.2003 match featured a third or 4th string team, and shouldn't really considered a "A" friendly for Canada, no matter what the bureaucrats at FIFA might say. That leaves a 0-0 draw from last year's Gold Cup (held on US soil) as the only match which is in any way authoritative to this discussion, outside of speculating on the basis of potential strength of potential squads.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

The Jan.2003 match featured a third or 4th string team, and shouldn't really considered a "A" friendly for Canada, no matter what the bureaucrats at FIFA might say. That leaves a 0-0 draw from last year's Gold Cup (held on US soil) as the only match which is in any way authoritative to this discussion, outside of speculating on the basis of potential strength of potential squads.

I agree!. I think in a match on our turf we`d kill them!!...They can`t handle Radz, DeRo, Hume!!...

Archived