Canucks in England Sept. 16

jonovision

I haven't seen it posted anywhere on this board yet (it's up on the old one), but there was a full slate of action in the England Nationwide League today.

Particularly of note is that Pesch played 90 minutes for the second week in a row (the theory that he doesn't have the fitness to last 90 is beginning to weaken), and scored a brace in Sheff Utd's 5-0 victory.

Iain Hume wasn't even dressed for Tranmere, which is a bad sign. Rumours on one of the Rovers boards is that his poor play of late is related to the fact that his girlfriend is pregnant.

Maybe someone else can fill me in on the others. De Vos and Brennan are still injured, I think Bent played, etc.

Guest Jeffery S.

Pesch scored Sheff utd 2nd and 3rd, the first a hard shot after a cross in, the second a tap in after a poor clearance by the keeper. V. good that he is getting time and scoring for them. A logical pick for Finland in that De Rosario will likely be in the midst of playoffs.

Wigan without de Vos, still injured, is top of the Div. 1 after winning over West Brom. I suppose when he's healthy he'll be back in but as is the team is doing marvellously without their player of the year last season.

No Brennan for Norwich, still injured I suppose.

Bent played for Plymouth in an away draw to Peterborough, while Rogers started for Wycombe as they lost to a 10-man Colchester at home, 1-2.

Terry Dunfield was not dressed for Bury, doing poorly this season and losing 5-3 to Mansfield.

Great to see pesch in form and given an oppourtunity to prove himself once again. Pesch is probably one of the fittest players for Canada. Sheffield runs a tight ship fitness wise and pudits tip them for one of the fittest teams in the league. whether a starter, sub or reserve, all the players are pretty much match fit and ready to go at any time. Hope the good form carrys on to the finland game for Canada. Would be great to see the long awaited Pesch and Radz pairing. Way to go Pesch keep up the goals.

Great to see pesch in form and given an oppourtunity to prove himself once again. Pesch is probably one of the fittest players for Canada. Sheffield runs a tight ship fitness wise and pudits tip them for one of the fittest teams in the league. whether a starter, sub or reserve, all the players are pretty much match fit and ready to go at any time. Hope the good form carrys on to the finland game for Canada. Would be great to see the long awaited Pesch and Radz pairing. Way to go Pesch keep up the goals.

Archived