seattle-vancouver

nolando

I am off tomorrow to see the Caps-Sounders first leg playoff game. My brother lives in Seattle and swears we are going to be sunk.Anybody else off to the game?? Apparently it's live on Fox Sportsworld-god knows why-even as an A-League fan itsounds like a stretch to expect many viewers.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

Apparently it's live on Fox Sportsworld-god knows why-even as an A-League fan itsounds like a stretch to expect many viewers.

You're just back in Canada, right? I guess you didn't realize that FSW and FSWC have been showing one A-League match every week. Last year FSW did the same thing, though FSWC had only those involving Canadian teams. So this is nothing new and obviously they must be happy enough with viewer response to spend money on broadcasting these games themselves. I commend them for this (even though I watched only one other game beyond those involving Canadian teams).

(But in other respects, FSWC frustrates me a lot... [V])

Over on bigsoccer someone recently asked why would anyone watch A-League soccer on TV and he was ripped a new one if you know what I mean. Plenty of people watch it. (I would if I had FSWC).

I wonder why so many people crap on local soccer? As an added note though, FSW doesn't spend money on these games. Individual A-League teams are paying for FSW to broadcast the games (thats why Virginia Beach had so many home games broadcast, they paid the most money) and I'm guessing the A-League is paying for the playoff games to be broadcast.

PS. Seattle has no chance.

Archived