Scotland viewing Calgary & Vancouver

matthew

I'm heading on the road and was wondering if anyone in Calgary could recommend a viewing site for the Euro 04 qualifier Saturday in Scotland and if anyone in Vancouver has a suggestion for the Wednesday qualifier in Dortmund?

I'm not sure if they're even available on PPV, but I figured such cosmopolitan cities might give me a chance to see the match, esp the German one.

cheers,

matthew

One of your best bets in Calgary would be Limerick's Pub (7304 Macleod Trail South

(403) 252-9190 ). It is soccer friendly and should be full of Scots (it is the home of the local Celtic chapter). It has plenty of tv's (some great large-screen) and one of the best breakfast deals in the city. The StormChasers and Calgary Voyageurs go there for Calgary and Canada matches (plus Champions League, UEFA, EURO CUP, WC...well, you get my point).

Enjoy!

I just checked their website.

It appears that they are showing every game but the Scotland match.

They've got:

Andorra v Croatia

Ireland v Russia

Ukraine v Northern Ireland

England v Macedonia

Portugal v Spain

$20 will let you see all of them, but that's little comfort to fine Scotsmen like me :(

I'll keep looking.

quote:Originally posted by Cooks

I just checked their website.

It appears that they are showing every game but the Scotland match.

They've got:

Andorra v Croatia

Ireland v Russia

Ukraine v Northern Ireland

England v Macedonia

Portugal v Spain

$20 will let you see all of them, but that's little comfort to fine Scotsmen like me :(

I'll keep looking.

In addition, the Italy-Wales, Latvia-Poland and Portugal-Spain matches are being beemed across the Atlantic for us! The Scotland game is not. (it would be like watching an Old Firm SPL game anyway)

Thanks Cooks, I'm apparently not far from Limericks. I think I'll stay in and watch the Italy v Wales. I didn't think the Scotland v Faroes game would be a big draw. Any chance at Ship and Anchor? I guess I'll call em myself tomorrow am.

cheers,

matthew

P.S. Sigma> no chance :)

Archived