CSL FIFA 2003 patch almost ready

I've been hard at work putting together the best possible Canada Super Patch 2003 I can. It's almost ready to go, so I thought I'd give you a sneak peak at the teams I'll be including in the CSL2 (2nd Division). These will be accessed from the "Rest of the World" section in FIFA 2003... or promoted at the end of a season... or swapped with another CSL team by using a FIFA editor (like FCDB XP or ECP DBI).

I expect at least one of the teams to spark a comment from Luis if nothing else!

newlogos.gif

http://www.fifaconcacaf.com/strobe_z/Voyageurs.swf

@Luis.... not sure what you mean? This isn't the "original" Blizzard logo, but I think Jarrek did a great job refining it just a bit. Both the Toronto Lynx and Toronto Blizzard will be in the CSL patch, so you'll be able to play them against each other. I designed the kits based on the Blizzard website you posted a link to a while ago...

@ImpactSupporter... You really like the New Brunswick Bays don't 'ya? ;) I only had 5 teams spots to add, so I chose to go with PEI (I just really wanted to use "Royal" in one team name ever since Royal Victoria F.C. got put to bed after the first Canada Super Patch), and the Toronto Blizzard... 'cause I thought it would be fun to be able to pit them against the Lynx. I've got no idea about what FIFA 2004 will look like, but I have hopes that it will be fully customizable.. so I can add my own league/teams withoug overwriting. If that happens, there may be no end to the ways to customize the League. The biggest effort this year went into designing the new teams logos. I'm happy enough with them now that I should be able to use them again next year, so I'll have enough energy to focus on some other areas.

Cheers all.

Hey Stobe_Z: I just gotta say that you seem to have a terrific handle of things Saskatchewan. The crests for both Athletica and the Rovers are extremely "real". (although only one would go with the green.) I don't play FIFA 200x at all, but I just might start just to try out your patch. The crests and uni's are just amazing. Well done.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

So the patch installer works properly Krammerhead?? If so... I'm sooooooo glad to hear it. I've been forced to learn VisualBasic code to write that little utility, and it's still somewhat painful to de-bug.

@Gordon - thanks for the kind words about all things Saskatchewan. I do try and do my homework before I come up with these logos/crests, etc. The Regina Rovers is (and has been since the beginnning) a total rip-off of the Tranmere Rovers. I really liked the team, thought "Rovers" would fit so well with Regina, and editted the logo to match. I could probably come up with my own "unique" logo if I tried.. but in this case I don't think anyone minds the ripoff.

I'd keep the Dynamo, although I would be surprised if a pro team is ever called that in Québec City, seeing as it's an existing amateur club (I assume that's where you got the name).

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'd keep the Dynamo, although I would be surprised if a pro team is ever called that in Québec City, seeing as it's an existing amateur club (I assume that's where you got the name).

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

What about <<Patriotes>> or <<Sporting Patriotes>> de Quebec

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

So the patch installer works properly Krammerhead?? If so... I'm sooooooo glad to hear it. I've been forced to learn VisualBasic code to write that little utility, and it's still somewhat painful to de-bug.

The patch installer works properly, and unlike when I tested the beta A-League patch it didn't erase all my previously saved games! :)

Archived